Admission for study for foreign students in 2019/2020 at educational organizations of higher education in the Russian Federation by budgetary appropriations of federal budget within the quota determined with the Russian Government
Russian State Hydrometeorological University (RSHU) Saint-Petersburg (Russia), being a component of Regional Training Center of World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) in Russia, approach to you on the issue concerning enrollee or specialists who would like to study in Russia by governmental quota in the 2018/2019 academic year and also who would like to apply for a WMO fellowship in the future. An admission of foreign students into Russian universities is accomplished by the governmental quotas which mean that education is paid by the Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation (RF). The quota is available only for the field of study: 05.00.00 Earth Sciences. The Government of RF allocates quotas for foreign students every year.
Here is the list of specializations:
- Bachelor (4 years): 03.03.02 Physics, 05.03.04 Hydrometeorology, 05.03.05 Applied Hydrometerology, 05.03.06 Ecology.
- Master (2 years): 05.04.06 Ecology and nature management, 05.04.05 Applied Hydrometeorology
- PhD level (3 years): 05.06.01 Earth sciences
For more information, please write: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Quota Scholarship Program offers fellowships to approve foreign students to study at RSHU. The scholarship includes:
1. Waiving of tuition fees for study at Bachelor, Master and PhD level;
2. Monthly stipend of 2200 RUR for undergraduate and graduate students and 7000 RUR for PhD students);
3. Accommodation (2 students in one room) at the University dormitory at the lowest price (about 1100 rubles per a month);
4. Free use of library and sport facilities at RSHU;
5. Meal at the University canteen at low price (100-150 RUR per one student for three course lunch);
6. Discount for a public transport use (1025 RUR per a month for use of all types of a city public transport);
7. Perfect discounts for visiting Museums, Theaters;
8. The lowest price for medical insurance.
Application for the Quota Scholarship includes several steps:
Applicants should submit the following documents to the Representative Rossotrudnichestvo/Russian Centres of Science and Culture or to Russian embassy in the candidate country of residence.
List of required documents:
1. Filled in application form with an attached color photograph;
2. Copies of documents confirming subsequent educational levels including transcript of records;
3. Medical certificate issued by the official authority of the candidate residence country;
4. Certificate of HIV and AIDS negative test results issued by the official authority of the candidate residence country;
5. Copies of passport pages containing information required for study visa, valid for at least 18 months from the start date of the entry student visa (clearly readable pages containing the setting data for invitation);
6. Copies of birth certificate (if any);
7.Other relevant documents (diplomas; international, national and other academic contest certificates).
For admission to Master and PhD programs:
8. Abstract in Russian or English language;
9. List of publications.
ALL DOCUMENTS have to be translated to Russian and certified by Embassy/Consulate of the Russian Federation in home country of candidate.
until 01 February 2019 - member countries of Commonwealth of Independent States, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Abhazia, South Osetia
until 01 April 2019 - Norh and Latin America, European countries
until 01 May 2019 - Affican, Asian, Middle East countries
However, these are approximate dates, so you need to clarify them in Representative Rossotrudnichestvo/Russian Centres of Science and Culture or to Russian embassy in the candidate country of residence.
The algorithm of admission to RSHU
First of all you need to register on the site https://russia.study/en and follow the instructions on the site.
This is the only official site for the selection of foreign students.
1. You register on the site;
2. Complete your application form;
3. Choose the direction for your study in RSHU;
4. Choose our university as a desirable university (Russian State Hydrometeorological University). The university must be the first on your list;
5. Choose an item that needs a preparatory department (this is necessary so that you can learn Russian in Russia);
6. Fill out the questionnaire to the end and follow the instructions on the site.
The screening of the foreign citizens recommended by the country authorities for study is held by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation involving Russian educational organizations within the Informational-Analytic System on the ground of provided documents of foreign citizens short listed on the Step I. Information about results of consideration of each candidate the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation directs to Rossotrudnichestvo for further provision to Russian and foreign Embassies and Russianrepresentative offices.
After receiving information about the Scholarship granting, it is necessary to contact International Relations Office via e-mail email@example.com and to notify about dates and time of arrival.
The contact persons for this procedures:
Head of the Department of Academic Mobility: Daria Sokolova
Foreign students must pay all expenses of airport meeting, transfer and medical insurance on the territory of the Russian Federation.
IMPORTANT! Before arriving to Russia, foreign students from certain countries should undergo recognition procedure for foreign documents on education. The detailed information could be found in the section legalization and recognition of foreign documents.
The legalized education documents must be submitted to the Center for International Education upon arrival at the Russian State Hydrometeorological University.
After arrival to Saint-Petersburg a student should go to Center for International Education (Malookhtinsky pr. 98, room 125, tel. number +7 (812) 372-50-89, 633-01-96) to fill in the requested documents. A student should bring passport and migration card, which is issued at customs while entering Russia. Medical insurance is issued separately in St. Petersburg. Upon arrival a student should also bring originals of all the documents and legalized educational documents.