Admission for study for foreign students in 2015/2016 at educational organizations of higher education in the Russian Federation by budgetary appropriations of federal budget within the quota determined with the Russian Government
The Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and the Rossotrudnichestvo inform about admission of foreign citizens, persons without citizenship and compatriots living abroad for study at educational organizations of higher education in the Russian Federation by budgetary appropriations of federal budget within the quota determined with the Russian Government decree No 891 of 8th October, 2013 “About determination of the quota for education of foreign citizens and persons without citizenship in the Russian Federation” (hereafter – the foreign citizens, the educational organizations, the quota).
The Quota Scholarship Program offers fellowships to approve foreign students to study at RSHU. The scholarship includes:
1. Waiving of tuition fees for study at Bachelor, Master and PhD level;
2. Monthly stipend of 1500 RUR for undergraduate and graduate students and 6000 RUR for PhD students);
3. Accommodation (2 students in one room) at the University dormitory at the lowest price (about 400 rubles per a month);
4. Free use of library and sport facilities at RSHU;
5. Meal at the University canteen at low price (100-150 RUR per one student for three course lunch);
6. Discount for a public transport use(680 RUR per a month for use of all types of a city public transport);
7. Perfect discounts for visiting Museums, Theaters;
8. The lowest price for medical insurance.
Application for the Quota Scholarship includes several steps:
Applicants should submit the following documents to the Representative Rossotrudnichestvo/russian Centres of Science and Culture or to Russian embassy in the candidate country of residence.
List of required documents:
1. Filled in application form with an attached color photograph;
2. Copies of documents confirming subsequent educational levels including transcript of records;
3. Medical certificate issued by the official authority of the candidate residence country;
4. Certificate of HIV and AIDS negative test results issued by the official authority of the candidate residence country;
5. Copies of passport pages containing information required for study visa, valid for at least 18 months from the start date of the entry student visa (clearly readable pages containing the setting data for invitation);
6. Copies of birth certificate (if any);
7.Other relevant documents (diplomas; international, national and other academic contest certificates).
For admission to Master and PhD programs:
8. Abstract in Russian or English language;
9. List of publications.
ALL DOCUMENTS have to be translated to Russian and certified by Embassy/Consulate of the Russian Federation in home country of candidate.
until 01 March 2015 - member countries of Commonwealth of Independent States, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Abhazia, South Osetia
until 01 April 2015 - Norh and Latin America, European countries
until 01 May 2015 - Affican, Asian, Middle East countries
excluding Iran, Djibouti - until 30 June 2015
India - 15 July 2015
Oman, Palistine, Jordan - 15 August 2015
The screening of the foreign citizens recommended by the country authorities for study is held by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation involving Russian educational organizations within the Informational-Analytic System on the ground of provided documents of foreign citizens short listed on the Step I. Information about results of consideration of each candidate the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation directs to Rossotrudnichestvo for further provision to Russian and foreign Embassies and Russianrepresentative offices.
After receiving information about the Scholarship granting, it is necessary to contact International Relations Office via e-mail email@example.com and to notify about dates and time of arrival.
Foreign students must pay all expenses of airport meeting, transfer and medical insurance on the territory of the Russian Federation.
IMPORTANT! Before arriving to Russia, foreign students from certain countries should undergo recognition procedure for foreign documents on education. The detailed information could be found in the section legalization and recognition of foreign documents. The legalized education documents must be submitted to the Center for International Education upon arrival at the Russian State Hydrometeorological University.
After arrival to Saint-Petersburg a student should go to Centre for International Education (Malookhtinsky pr. 98, room 218, tel. number +7 (812) 372-50-89, 633-01-96) to fill in the requested documents. A student should bring passport and migration card, which is issued at customs while entering Russia. Medical insurance is issued separately. Upon arrival a student should also bring originals of all the documents and legalized educational documents.